How does one counter an ill-placed Venus?
Do you have an ill-placed Venus?
- Is the opposite sex the source of your troubles?
- Do you have challenges in your love life /marriage or absence of real love in your life?
- Are you really bothered about your health? Do you take substances?
- Has your face/body been disfigured by an accident or illness?
An ill-placed Venus can be tricky to determine, and also tricky to tackle. An ill-placed Venus registers its presence in your chart in your in the ways, some that I have mentioned above. If you or even your spouse is impacted in any of these ways, it means you need spiritual or astrological help for your Venus.
Why do I also mention your spouse? Well, an ill-placed Venus in your spouse’s chart can also trouble you. A horoscope of a couple needs careful analysis to determine the level of affliction owing to Venus.
For example, if your spouse has his/her Venus in the 6th/8th or 12th houses, or the planet is debilitated or even retrograde, then it can impact you directly and the spouse is indirectly. And if Venus is ill-placed in your chart, then it can mean that you would lead to suffering for the spouse.
I have even witnessed a wife having a retrograde Venus in the 7th house being directly afflicted and losing her life due to stress-related ailment since her husband whose Venus was in the 11th house was having multiple affairs.
The wrath of Venus becomes more pronounced after a Hindu marriage since the strong and powerful mantras the priest chants binds the couple together for seven births. The impact of a chart can therefore also be felt by the spouse.
That’s as far as married life is concerned. For people who are deeply in love and there is astrological incompatibility due to malefic Venus in one of the charts and are unwilling to listen to the astrologer, I recommend a measure that I am still trying out. This is only at one’s own risk – only a legal marriage and not a religious one. But let me forewarn you that I do this after a very careful analysis of the charts as well as understanding the spiritual, religious and legal implication of the action.
I have always encouraged such couples to seek independent legal, medical and /or ethical opinion first. I also do this only after ensuring in my own way that my God and Guru are not unhappy with me and no bad karma is attributed to me.
Venus by its inherent nature is regarded as a demon among planets since even a benefic Venus can harm a native. I have seen many cases of people having a weak will power (ill-placed Sun) and a strong and benefic Venus being tempted into extramarital affairs, thereby ruining their lives. Hence, even a benefic Venus is a double-edged sword if the person has a weak will power.
Now how does one counter an ill-placed Venus before it starts to trouble the person or his/her spouse too much?
- Get the charts matched carefully, so the positives in one chart help balance the negatives in the spouse’s chart.
- Wearing a diamond as per body weight. This may work; but again there may be adverse side effects. The diamond is regarded as a very strong stone in astrology. Some people have reported an increase in their blood pressure and other cardiac issues. Hence, I always recommend wearing a half or a one rati diamond – but only after carefully trying it. First, the diamond has to be kept under the pillow at night. For about a week, the person has to carefully observe what kind of dreams he/she gets. If there are no scary dreams, then the person can put the diamond in a silver ring and wear it and nothing adverse or out of the ordinary should happen. Only then should the person continue wearing the diamond for life. Otherwise, the stone and the ring should be thrown into a water body.
- Now we come to the sure-shot way of countering one’s ill-placed Venus. That is by doing good karma and rising above your chart or palm. For this it is critical to have a God or Guru to whom you have surrendered your life. They would guide you; that is, if your faith is unshakable. They may test you by coming in different shapes and forms and test you as to whether you are only good in front of them or have an even behaviour towards all. It is to be understood that for people, life is 90% suffering and only 10% bliss. Tt is only the expectation of this blissful period, that gives us the motivation of going through difficulties and problems. The degree of our suffering is directly proportional to our karmas of our past and present lives. Hence, staring to do the right karma is the sure-shot way to live a happy life. But for that we need a strong will power and a strong mind. In one word, it depends if we are in control of our mind or our mind controls us.
- Another effective way is mantra chanting. It is best if the mantra is given to you by your Guru and he or she teaches you how to chant it. But if that is not the case then there are some safe mantras which can help. However, they should be chanted at 5:00 in the morning without fail. We should start by chanting the mantra aloud and counting then with the help of a ‘japa’ mala. Gradually with improved mental powers we should do mental chanting. It should be like eating food (which we never forget!). The safe mantras are
- Gayatri Mantra – 1 mala minimum
- Hanuman Chalisa – 1 hour
- Om Namo Shivay – 1 mala minimum
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra – 1 mala minimum
- Shanti Paath – 1 mala minimum
Let me elaborate on this by giving an example of Rekha ji as a case study.
10/10/1954, 1100 Hours, Chennai
Lagna Chart and its interpretation
ASC Sagittarius 02-26–21 has Mars 29-40-12 and Rahu [R] 16-34-30 – Excellent and a manglik (if spouse non manglik then he would suffer)
3rd house of Aquarius has Moon 25-24-02 – Mentally tough and mother auspicious
7th house of Gemini has Ketu [R] 16-34-30 – Marriage affairs tricky / complicated
8th house of Cancer has Jupiter 04-28-03 (Exalted) – Tough for next generation (children) matters, though very lucky in legal issues and lucky in all other matters except personal ones.
10th house of Virgo has Sun 23-09-27 – Enormous wealth due to courage and strong will power
11th house of Libra has Mercury 18-05-26 and Saturn 15-49-06 (Exalted) – Career related fame, glory and a life of luxury, with sophisticated manners
12th house of Scorpion has Venus 02-39-57 – Spouse or romantic partner suffers and a controversial romantic life
Her lagna house Mars makes her a strong manglik, 7th house Ketu makes her married/ romantic life unsuccessful and complicated. But she would move on as her Ketu is in Gemini and finally her 12th house Venus would not bode well for her romantic partner/ spouse.