Lata Mangeshkar passed away this year and was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 2001, and hence it is only fitting that her chart analysis be done as India celebrates its 75th year of Independence.
She is the embodiment of Devi Ma by the honorable way in which she has lived and handled her life. It is really rare given the fact that she is living in an industry that is the most materialistic industry in the world. She enthralled many over generations with her voice and would continue to do so for time immemorial.
She really embodies an immense mental strength and doggedness of not being swayed by the flow and is a symbol of the victory of Good over Evil both inside and around us.
Birth Details (time determined)
28/9/1929, 0131 Hours, Indore – MP
Lagna Chart and its interpretation
- ASC Cancer 06-06-33 Moon Cancer 04-28-34 – Excellent as Moon in own home and this would give her mental strength and comforts for life as also living close to the water. She is also an emotional person but guards her emotions carefully. This house made her an artiste par excellence.
- 2nd house of Leo has Venus 09-45-01 (Enemy) – Inability to settle down in marriage.
- 3rd house of Virgo has Sun 11-20-56 -Excellent support from father and also close to siblings
- 4th house of Libra has Mars 01-17-19, Mercury [R] 00-14-36 and Ketu [R] 21-06-11 – Excellent for relations with mother whose influence made her spiritual. Though she could be blunt when upset.
- 6th house of Sagittarius has Saturn 01-44-53 – Struggle in her profession and a non nonsense person who puts her foot down to demand her own way in her profession.
- 10th house of Aries has Rahu [R] 21-06-11 – Wealth beyond her own imagination.
- 11th house of Taurus has Jupiter 23-26-30 (Enemy) – Lack of formal education and no children of hers but she would be very well known and famous and would support many children of others and love them like her own children
Dasha periods in her life and its interpretation
- Saturn from 28/ 9/29 till 12/ 2/47 – Struggle during her initial days and lots of hardships faced.
- Mercury from 12/ 2/47 till 12/ 2/64 – Valuable guidance from mother made her spiritual person.
- Ketu from 12/ 2/64 till 12/ 2/71 – Involved with spirituality along with her profession.
- Venus from 12/ 2/71 till 12/ 2/91 – Busy period due to her profession but personal struggles never far away.
- Sun from 12/ 2/91 till 12/ 2/97 – Help and support of siblings critical in he life and especially during this time. Over all an auspicious time.
- Moon from 12/ 2/97 till 12/ 2/07 – An excellent periods in which she would get the rewards and recognition as well as make a lot of money.
- Mars from 12/ 2/07 till 12/ 2/14 – Involved with spirituality and religious ceremonies as well and would voice her opinions when necessary. Would be recognized.
- Rahu from 12/ 2/14 till 12/ 2/32 – Her present mahadasha where she is involved with a lot of spiritual activities and during this time she would be pleasantly surprised to discover that anything she touches turns into gold.
- RAH – SAT from 17/3/2019 till 24/1/22
- RAH – MER from 24/1/22 till 11/8/2024
- Her auspicious Moon in her lagna house being its lord house is responsible for her long life, success, name, fame and also excellent comforts. Most importantly it gives her the mental strength to be unfazed by success.
- She is also an very bold and fearless person and would always in her own polite way stand up for anything that is wrong.
- Her chart shows that while we know her due to her success and fame but only she knows the hard work that has silently gone into making her life.
- She passed away in her RAH-MER period and this was due to old age as he previous RAH-SAT antardahsa which ended just a month prior to her death would have devastated her health wise.
- Though there are multiple birth times available on the net for her but I have by way of birth time rectification process chosen the one that as per me is most accurate.